Mum put her foot down a few weekends back. The undrunk clutter on the drinks cabinet needs to go. Sarah and I can keep some of it, but it needs to be downsized.
She didn't say anything about the wine racks, but they're at least out of sight, and I've got pretty good tabs on what's there.
I dumped the remainder of the butterscotch schnapps in my Milo that night. :D There was only about half a shot left, anyway.
Our drinks cabinet has the following:
On the "Keep and replace" list:
On the "Needs to go" list
- Bottle of Campbell's Topaque, recently opened (Yummy, though I'll go for a different Topaque next time)
- Half a bottle of Muscat (from a random winery near Bega. Nice, though)
- Around half a bottle of Grandfather (Penfolds. Yeah, this is not on the "guzzle down now" list)
- Bottle of Baileys
- Bottle of Angostura Bitters
- Bottle of Bickford's Lime Cordial (It's a mixer, it lives here, even though it's non-alcoholic)
- Bottle of Midori
- The ends of a bottle of Bacardi
- 1/2 bottle of Galliano (which is at least as old as I am)
- 2/3 bottle of Creme de Menthe (which is definitely older than me)
- 2/3 bottle of Strawberry Liqueur (fairly new)
- 2/3 bottle of White Creme de Cacao (newish)
- 1/2 bottle of Blue Curaco (same age as the Strawberry)
- Small bottle of Bundaberg Rum
- Bottle of Peach Absolut Vodka (It just isn't getting drunk)
- Bottle of Strange, Polish Vodka With A Bison On The Label and Grass In the Bottle (Yes, another delightful "abandoned after a party" Mathom gift)
The needs to go stuff, well, needs to get drunk, donated at a party, or in the case of that Creme De Menthe, poured down the sink (in the absence of any better alternative...) If it doesn't ALL go, well, okay, but needs to be seriously downsized.
Unfortunately, Sarah forgot to take bottles with her to abandon at the most recent big bash, and we really need to get this sorted out by the end of the month. There are probably going to be two smallish parties here in the next 3 weeks, plus whatever we drink in evenings to get through stuff.
Suggestions on what to drink, anyone? And how to drink it?
The Strawberry Liqueur is probably getting turned into a Pink Champagne Lemonade punch for my next party. Strawberry, lemonade, real strawberries and mint leaves, some spare bubbly we have that's getting old for its price (needs to be checked before going in the punch), maybe a bit of Galliano?
I'm pretty lost on everything else, apart from Ye Olde "Add Lemonade and Drink" options. That's part of the problem - there's TOO MANY choices in the "mix with lemonade" route.
The sooner this is all sorted, the sooner I can take myself to the wine shop friends have told me that I'll like, in Summer Hill.